Debra Loder, RDN, CEDRD
Debra Loder is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) and the Dietary Manager at Wickenburg Community Hospital. Debra oversees the production of healthy meals and snacks for the patients who have been admitted to the hospital. Debra also provides nutrition consultation to hospital and clinic patients.
As a registered dietitian nutritionist, Debra is able to hear each individual’s story and work closely with their specific nutrition needs. She teaches her clients about nutrition and the impact it can have on their emotional and mental health. She helps them to make changes that will help improve their overall health. She also teaches clients how to create meals that are both nutritious and delicious.
Debra assists patients with the following:
- Weight Management
- Nutrition Counseling
- Kidney Disease
- Heart Disease
Appointments may include:
- Comprehensive nutrition assessment
- Determining nutrition diagnosis
- Disease-specific interventions and education
- Specialized menu and meal planning
- Individualized support
- Goal setting
- Accountability and support through follow-up appointments
- Monitoring and evaluating progress over subsequent visits with an RDN
Who are Registered Dietitian Nutritionists?
Registered Dietitian Nutritionist’s (RDNs) are food and nutrition experts who have met the following criteria to earn the RDN credential:
- Completed a minimum of a bachelor’s degree at a regionally accredited university or college and course work accredited or approved by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Completed an ACEND-accredited supervised practice program at a health-care facility, community agency, or a foodservice corporation or combined with undergraduate or graduate studies. Typically, a practice program will run six to 12 months in length.
- Passed a national examination administered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR).
- Completed continuing professional educational requirements to maintain registration.
Education & Certifications
Bachelor of Science Degree in Clinical Nutrition from Arizona State University
Certificate of Gerontology from Arizona State University
Certified Eating Disorder Registered Dietitian
Ordained Deacon in the Episcopal Diocese of Arizona
Tuesday’s from 1:15-4:30 and Thursday’s from 8:15-12:00.
Appointments can be made by calling 928-668-5506
Community Hospital Specialty Clinic
519 Rose Lane
Wickenburg, AZ 85390